Sunday, December 27, 2009

Follow the Leader

“Behold, I am the bondservant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.”
-Mary the Virgin

There are many lessons to be learned from such a short yet pregnant statement: loyalty to serve the King, courage to face the unknown, maturity to own responsibility, and, among many others, humility to follow the Word of God. I say “humility” to emphasize the shift of control, submission, to follow instead of "leading" blindly. This is the lesson I pray to learn in the coming months, to “Follow the Leader”.


This is an account (through a blog) of the adventures I’ll discover in the near future on the peninsula of Hong Kong and surrounding countries. While it is a blog of my life in the coming months, I will attempt with all earnestness to refrain from twisting it into a Craig-centered-report, an emotional venting corner, or a venue to (as my roommate would say), “Hoot my own horn”. This “documentary” is intended to help bridge the gap between cultures and hopefully steal a mere glimpse into another world. With that said, I’ll write as little as possible and try to actually show you the place I’ll soon make “home”.


The unknowns are numerous, the fears even more, but “let it be to me according to your word”, let us Follow the Leader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment